Membership in the American Studies Association provides a range of opportunities for professional, intellectual, and personal development for everyone from graduate students early in their careers to senior scholars, from artists to activists, from geographers and anthropologists to novelists and public historians.
Benefits of Membership
- Opportunities to present at and participate in the annual meeting
- Subscription to American Quarterly
- Subscription to the ASA Newsletter
- Involvement in regional chapter activities and social events
- National-level advocacy for members and affiliated programs
- Opportunities to apply for prizes and awards
- Access to job listings and calls for papers
- Access to the member directory for connecting members who share research interests
- A voice in the direction of the national association through ASA elections
To make participation in the association accessible for everyone, the ASA offers membership at variable rates, determined by income.