Due to logistical and financial constraints, the ASA is unable to offer a daycare center at the 2023 Annual Meeting. However, options for childcare in your hotel room or other lodgings--in addition to varied childcare centers in the area--are available from professional Montreal-based providers. The following agencies local to Montreal provide in-room (hotel/lodging) care; this information is provided only as a service to our members and its inclusion does not equal endorsement by the American Studies Association.
- La Lune Sitters Montreal: Information Sheet | Website
- Mention the ASA while making your reservation for 15% off booking fees (website code forthcoming; until then, please email or call La Lune directly and mention the ASA)
- Kidtabulous: Information Sheet | Website
The ASA is offering stipends for childcare, based on availability and in amounts up to $250, to help offset costs and enable those with dependant children to attend the Annual Meeting. Please note the following eligibility conditions:
- Stipend recipients must be current American Studies Association members and be registered for the 2023 Annual Meeting in Montreal
- Funds may only be used as reimbursement for childcare services rendered in Montreal during conference hours
- Stipend recipients may engage childcare services from the agency or professional of their choice; they do not need to use one of the providers listed above to qualify
- Priority will be given to graduate students, contingent/adjunct faculty, and members in lower-income categories
- Stipends will be distributed as reimbursements after the confernce ends, based on receipts/documentation
To request a stipend, please email Christine Shell (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 15, 2023.