Planning for the annual meeting is a year-long endeavor—for the board, staff, and officers of the American Studies Association as well as for general members, who begin generating proposals at the start of each new year. To support planning for the meeting, the ASA offers the following accommodations.
Reservations for Space at the Annual Meeting
ASA board members, committees and caucuses, institutional members, exhibitors, and affiliated groups may submit requests for space at the annual meeting for business meetings, receptions, and the like. These are handled on a first-come, first-served basis, and are subject to availability. Read more about reserving space.
Local Site Guide
The Site Committee has prepared a wonderful site guide for Montreal. Click here to check it out.
Travel and Lodging Discounts
To help with members' travel arrangements, the ASA coordinates discounts on select airlines and discounted rates (including student rates) at the Sheraton and nearby hotels. If you are a graduate student looking to defray the costs of the trip, consider applying for a Baxter Travel Grant.
The following airlines have discounts in place for ASA 2023 Montreal:
- Click here to book
- Use the promotion code MC9ZJXJ1 for 5% off standard fares and 10% off on flex fares and higher in North America. International travel receive 10% standard fares or higher
- Travel is valid any day of the week between October 25-November 13, 2023 and the destination must be the Montreal (YUL) airport
- To make flight reservations online please click here.
- You may also call United Meetings Reservation Desk Monday – Friday at (800) 426-1122 for booking assistance. Mention discount code ZN6Y988200.
- International customers may contact their local United Reservation Desk.
- Please click here to book your flights.
- You may also call Delta Meeting Network® at 1.800.328.1111* Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (EST) and refer to Meeting Event Code NY29K